PDMS have designed and built a complete solution for ship
registries, named "MARIS" (Marine Administration & Registry
Built as a modern browser-based application, MARIS has been designed to manage all key Registry business functions and also includes built in workflow, information management and reporting with the aim of reducing cost and overall administrative burden.
PDMS have worked with the Isle of Man Shipping Registry as their software development partners for several years and are also working with other International Registries including the Bahamas Maritime Authority. This gives us an in-depth understanding of an international ship registry's business and operational issues.
MARIS - An Overview
- MARIS has been designed to manage a ship registry's workflow, information management and reporting
- MARIS records Vessel, Seafarer and Organizational details
- MARIS produces electronic and paper correspondence and documentation based on details recorded e.g. survey certificates, invoices etc.
- The flow of work items onto and around the system is designed to be task driven. Tasks are created for work items which are in turn allocated to users.
- Users of the system are normally either defined as belonging to the Registry or Survey side within the business.
- System Administrator users have full access to the full suite of functionality
- MARIS allows for quick and easy searching of records and documents
- The Vessel Registry system has been built as a modern Browser based application utilising a Sequel Server database (SQL).
- Remote access for surveyors with facility to upload data captured offline
MARIS - The Benefits
- Efficient business processing on one central system
- Provision of comprehensive Management Information
- Immediate access to a complete audit history for all vessels
- Enhanced security
- Removal of data integrity & accuracy issues
- Data and permissions maintenance locally managed
- A robust & flexible system from which the Ship Registry can launch new services as required