PDMS' Management has established an Environmental Policy , which supports the strategic aims of the business and compliments our belief that it is in the best interest of our employees, our shareholders and our community that we strive to minimise any action that would damage the natural environment.
It is therefore PDMS policy to ensure that we:
Are aware of possible direct and indirect environmental effects of operations and services.
- Seek to reduce the use of natural resources and minimize the generation of waste.
- Where possible, reuse rather than dispose of materials.
- Promote recycling and the use of recycled materials.
- Aim to prevent any environmental pollution.
- Minimise the consumption of energy.
- Continually document, maintain and improve the company's Environmental Management System in line with business needs, and taking into account best practices.
- Work with suppliers and customers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment.
- PDMS will comply with the requirements of ISO 14001:2004 for Environmental Management; and
- Communicate this policy statement to the public, through our website and on request.
PDMS are committed to conduct all operations with minimal impact on the environment, and to comply with all legal, regulatory and other requirements. Our Environmental Policy complements the established ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005 Management Systems and provides a framework for establishing and reviewing environmental objectives. Management is responsible for communicating the company's Environmental Policy and making sure it is understood at all levels.
Management need employees at all levels to share in its commitment. To assist, PDMS will promote an open and caring culture and clearly communicate personal and business objectives to all employees such that everyone will understand their relevance and importance to the strategic aims of the business.